Landing page — is a type of website, where a product or service is presented.
The ultimate goal: ‘to land’ a visitor at a webpage and convert into a buyer (signup or purchase CtA’s).
Typical landing page structure
- Hero screen, must grab visitor’s attention (within 10s)
- About the product/services; what makes it special
- What you’ll get/features/offers
- Testimonials and reviews
Main things to keep eye on while creating a landing page
- Hierarchy and Focal point — make sure the content is easy readable/scannable, user shouldn’t think
- Super easy signup process, navigation and interactions
- As much as possible CCD principles
- A/B tests are good option to test and optimise sales
It is a great practice to implement conversion centered design principles within your landing page.
Make sure to have red our handbook on CCD:
A little bit of history
When landing pages just arrived, it was a revolution in digital world in terms of sales (an average landing page has 400% more effectiveness than regular corporate websites). Well, since then people got used to this flow and you have to think wisely, to get your goals achieved.
What to expect in 2022?
- Just like in 2021 and last recent years, landing pages will remain one of the best sales funnel channels
- If you’re selling a service or are more ‘complex’ product, then you should consider marketing strategy
- If you’re trying to collect lead contact data (like emails) – you should provide value. Nowadays the internet is flooded with useless content.
On the tech end
- Make sure your content is delivered appropriately for the audience: website is mobile-friendly or even mobile first.